Thursday, July 7, 2011

i live in chicago...


















and a week ago, one of my best friends on earth visited from Denver, Travis Egedy (pictureplane). We looked like a couple of chic-motherless-runaways, arm in arm, wearing all black, dragging our combat boots on the Logan Square pavement. Having Travis in my little world made me think a lot about what I am doing here in the first place. And it made me miss the free-spirited wackiness that was my life in Denver. Denver is so magical. Fuck. It's magical because it's a city of lost inspired unbiased progressive 20-30 something alcoholics with talent so clever, it's nearly a shame. It's like a warm, confusing hug. People are nice, it's cheap, it's convenient, it's artistic and its' inhabitants are visionary. Anyone could, within reason, pursue any sort of career in Denver, unless halted by the mountain town's mysterious doldrum effect. Travis is one of those Coloradoans that probably doesn't even know what I am talking about, that's how positive he is. Check out his latest album THEEPHYSICAL. It's just super.

Adieu my birds.
x.
LIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment